Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. This is my first week participating, and it’s a freebie week, so I decided to choose one of the past Top Ten Tuesday topics to do. So here are ten of my favorite book quotes.
1. “Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are.” – I Am the Messenger, Markus Zusak
2. “I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till I drop.” – On the Road, Jack Kerouac
3. “I don’t know how I look, but I know how I feel: Young. Goofy. Infinite.” – Paper Towns, John Green
4. “How can you say I love you to someone you love?” – Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Jonathan Safran Foer
5. “‘Did you really believe, that first day, that we were meant to be together?’ I asked him.
He looked at me and then said, ‘You’re here, aren’t you?'” – This Lullaby, Sarah Dessen
6. “There are some people who fall in love over and over. And there are others who can only seem to do it once.” – Forever in Blue, Ann Brashares
7. “He stood waist deep in the water for a few moments longer before climbing out and handing her the book. His pants clung to him, and he did not stop walking. In truth, I think he was afraid. Rudy Steiner was scared of the book thief’s kiss. He must have longed for it so much. He must have loved her so incredibly hard. So hard that he would never ask for her lips again and would go to his grave without them.” – The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
8. “Howl said, ‘I think we ought to live happily ever after,’ and she thought he meant it.” – Howl’s Moving Castle, Diana Wynne Jones
9. “Reserving judgements is a matter of infinite hope.” – The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
10. “’You’re a prefect? Oh Ronnie! That’s everyone in the family!’
‘What are Fred and I? Next door neighbors?’” – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, J.K. Rowling