Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. This week is about the books you’d want on a desert island. Here are the top ten books I’d want with me were I stranded on a desert island. We’re just going to kindly look the other way while I cheat with a bunch of series.
1. The Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling. Ok, I’m cheating with this one, but if I counted these as seven of my ten, this list wouldn’t be as fun. I really can’t live without Harry Potter. I reread the series every year (sometimes multiple times a year). No other books have so completely changed my life.
2. Howl’s Moving Castle, Diana Wynne Jones. This one was difficult. My collection of DWJ books is my most treasured possession. Howl’s Moving Castle was the first DWJ book I read, and I’ve been in love ever since.
3. The Truth About Forever, Sarah Dessen. Of course I have to have a Sarah Dessen novel with me.
4. Crown Duel, Sherwood Smith. This is one of my favorite love stories.
5. The Blue Sword, Robin McKinley. A classic, and another great love story. Plus, horses and hunting cats!
6. Summers at Castle Auburn, Sharon Shinn. I’m sensing a theme with my choices, as this is another of my all-time favorite love stories.
7. The Hunger Games series, Suzanne Collins. Apparently, I can’t stop cheating for this list. But how can I choose just one book of a trilogy?!
8. I Am the Messenger, Markus Zusak. My favorite book from the best YA author.
9. The Queen’s Thief series, Megan Whalen Turner. I don’t think I could ever live without Eugenides.
10. Twilight, Stephenie Meyer. I need at least one silly choice, right?