Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. One of my favorite activities in the holiday season is writing up my list for Santa. Here are my top choices for books I want Santa to leave under the tree.
1. Anna and the French Kiss, Stephanie Perkins. Every time I read something about this book, it’s always someone raving about how amazing it is. I’m ready to do some raving about this book and its author myself.
2. Rebel Heart, Moira Young. I want this book SO BADLY.
3. The False Prince, Jennifer A. Nielsen. This one has been on my radar for a while, and I’ve heard nothing but good things about it.
4. Envy, Elizabeth Miles. I was blown away by Fury and really want to read this next installment in the series.
5. Seraphina, Rachel Hartman. This one instantly caught my attention when I read that it was about dragons who take on human shape to be ambassadors and teachers.
6. Feeling Sorry for Celia, Jaclyn Moriarty. This author first came to my attention when I stumbled across the description for The Ghosts of Ashbury High. I really wanted to read that one, but then I found out that The Ghosts of Ashbury High was the fourth in this series and since I just HAVE to read things in order, I want to start with Feeling Sorry for Celia.
7. Vessel, Sarah Beth Durst. I love a story with gods, and this one sounded so unique, I just knew I had to read it.
8. For Darkness Shows the Stars, Diana Peterfreund. Hello, gorgeous cover! Another title that’s been on my TBR list for a while.
9. Code Name Verity, Elizabeth Wein. This has been raved about all over the Internets as a must-read for 2012.
10. Hunger, Jackie Morse Kessler. I love the idea of a series based on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and have been wanting to start this series for a long time.