Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. I love discovering new favorite authors. Here are ten that I started fangirling about in 2012.
1. Frances Hardinge. My first thought after reading my first Frances Hardinge book, Fly By Night (review here)? Where has she been all my life?!
2. Kate Elliott. I’m obsessed with her sexy and dangerous Spiritwalker trilogy.
3. Rachel Neumeier. She writes some of the most beautiful fantasy I’ve ever read.
4. Rae Carson. I didn’t read The Girl of Fire and Thorns until this year. I devoured it and its sequel. After the trilogy is over, I can’t wait to see what Rae Carson does next.
5. Gayle Forman. YA contemporary at its best. I loved If I Stay (I gush a lot in my review) and can’t wait to get to the sequel (I got it from the library this weekend!).
6. Catherynne M. Valente. She has the most magical way with words.
7. Laini Taylor. Believe the hype…her Daughter of Smoke and Bone series really is that good.
8. Jeff Hirsch. I only read one of his books this year, but I know I’ll be back for more.
9. Ruta Sepetys. Between Shades of Gray was heartbreaking. I can’t wait to read her next book set in New Orleans.
10. Marie Lu. Legend is action-packed and perfect when you just want to read a fast-paced book. I’m really excited for the rest of this trilogy.