Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. We get a freebie this week in honor of Christmas, so I chose top ten favorite book covers. People say, “Don’t judge a book by its cover,” but then I’m all, “Don’t tell me what to do, people! I DO WHAT I WANT.” Here are ten of my favorite book covers.
1. The Hobbit, J. R. R. Tolkien. I just love these two versions of the cover. My copy actually has a different cover, but I would totally be willing to buy two more copies just to have these covers on my shelf.
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, J. K. Rowling. I remember when I first held this in my hands at midnight, and I just looked at the cover and shivered.
3. The Floating Islands, Rachel Neumeier. This cover is so beautiful.
4. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, Catherynne M. Valente. The cover, and the illustrations inside, perfectly capture the essence of the story.
5. The King of Attolia, Megan Whalen Turner. I just look at this cover and think power.
6. The Goose Girl, Shannon Hale. A magical cover for a fairytale retelling.
7. Mockingjay, Suzanne Collins. Subtle and fitting.
8. Deep Secret, Diana Wynne Jones. I love everyone’s expressions. They’re exactly how I imagine the characters would look.
9. The Selection, Kiera Cass. The cover is so pretty…the writing not so much. I was led astray by the shiny mirrors and flow-y dress.
10. This Lullaby, Sarah Dessen. There’s just something so vulnerable about this cover.