Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. A new year, a new resolution! Here are ten of my book resolutions for 2013.
1. Code Name Verity, Elizabeth Wein. Everyone says this is one of the best books of 2012, but I haven’t had a chance to read it yet. I can’t wait to see if I love it as much as everyone else does!
2. Anna Dressed in Blood, Kendare Blake. This one has been sitting in my Kindle for a while; horror isn’t really my thing, but I’ve heard good things about this book.
3. Cloud Atlas, David Mitchell. I didn’t know about this book until the trailer for the movie came out and I really wanted to see the movie. I want to read the book before I see the movie.
4. Beautiful Creatures, Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Another case of wanting to read the book before seeing the movie. The trailer looks awesome.
5. The Iron King, Julie Kagawa. I’ve been meaning to start this series for a long time…so why not in 2013?
6. A Game of Thrones, George R. R. Martin. I love the show on HBO and bought the first four books, but I still haven’t started the series.
7. Lord of the Changing Winds, Rachel Neumeier. I recently discovered and loved Rachel Neumeier’s works, so I want to read her other stories.
8. Sense and Sensibility, Jane Austen. I’ve wanted to read more Jane Austen since high school. It’s about time I got around to actually doing it.
9. A Stranger to Command, Sherwood Smith. My single complaint about Crown Duel is that I wanted more Vidanric. This prequel tells his story and has been on my TBR shelf forever.
10. Son of the Shadows, Juliet Marillier. Sorcha from the first Sevenwaters book is one of the most amazing characters ever written in a fantasy book. I’ve been putting off continuing the series because I know she isn’t the main character in the second book, but I really should continue because I know I’ll love the next book anyways.