Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. 2013 looks like a great year for YA with both new authors’ debuts and series ending/continuing. Here are ten debuts I’m looking forward to (in no particular order).
1. Starglass, Phoebe North (July 23). I haven’t read a really good YA sci-fi in a while, so I’m hoping this will fit the bill!
2. Level 2, Lenore Appelhans (January 15). A book about the afterlife? Yes, please.
3. The Nightmare Affair, Mindee Arnett (March 5). Can I just say how in love I am with the concept of the protagonist being a Nightmare?!
4. Dualed, Elsie Chapman (February 26). The concept sounds really exciting! Plus, I’m a sucker for dystopians.
5. City of a Thousand Dolls, Miriam Forster (February 5). This one sounds like just my kind of fantasy book.
6. These Broken Stars, Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner (November 12?). Another sci-fi that looks awesome.
7. In the After, Demitria Lunetta (June 25). This one sounds like a scary and exciting apocalyptic tale.
8. Strands of Bronze and Gold, Jane Nickerson (March 12). I love fairy tale retellings and this is one I’m not familiar with, so I’m really excited.
9. Poison, Bridget Zinn (March 12), I’m not too sure about this one, but it sounds like it could be a fun read.
10. Splintered, A. G. Howard (January 1). A twist on the story of Alice in Wonderland.