Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. This week, we’re talking about what settings we want more books to take place in.
1. Pittsburgh. So I feel like when I read books that are set in real places, it’s always some city or town that I don’t know anything about. I don’t recognize the landmarks or the streets that are spoken of. I do know Pittsburgh. I went to school there and it’s my favorite city. I would love to see more books set in Pittsburgh.
2. High fantasy worlds. This is specific to YA. I don’t know too many high fantasy novels in YA that have come out recently. I would especially like ones that aren’t Western fantasies.
3. Space/distant planets and galaxies. I love sci-fi.
4. The beach. I’m a beach person 100% percent.
5. Underwater. I’m also an ocean person. When I’m at the beach, I spend most of my time in the water with brief drying-off sessions in between. I think mermaid/Atlantis stories would be fun. Speaking of which, the Disney movie Atlantis is the best.
6. Italy. Italy is at the top of my list for an international trip.
7. Australia/New Zealand. Because they’re awesome.
8. On a boat. Guys…I really like water.
9. S0uth America. I don’t know if I’ve ever read something that takes place in South America.
10. Boarding schools/magic schools/special powers schools. I know, there are a ton of these. But I love reading about groups of kids bonding at school; I’m really not sure why these stories are so fun to me.