Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. This week focuses on characters that make you want to scream from frustration. I have a feeling everyone’s list is going to be really amusing!
1. Bella from Twilight. I feel like this is a given. Prime example: putting herself in life threatening situations just so she can hear the imaginary voice of the boy she’s obsessed with.
2. Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter. I hate this woman with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns. She’s crazy and prejudiced and just plain wrong 100% of the time. You know there’s nothing you can do, because she’s so arrogant that she would never change or listen to reason.
3. Holden Caulfield from The Catcher in the Rye. I know people revere this book, but I hated reading it in high school. Holden was just so whiny and annoying the whole book. Maybe if I read it now I would appreciate it more, but I’m really not willing to put in the effort.
4. Wendy Darling from Tiger Lily. God, Wendy is such a bitch. Team Tiger Lily FTW!
5. Bryce Loski from Flipped. Bryce in the beginning of this book is such an idiot. He’s totally blind to the real Juli. He redeems himself in the end, though, so he only counts as frustrating in the beginning/middle.
6. Remy from This Lullaby. I love Remy, I really do. This Lullaby is my second favorite Sarah Dessen novel. But many times I wanted to shake her and scream, “Stop being so cold and give your heart to Dexter because he’s adorable and awesome!”
7. Harry Potter from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. No one likes emo Harry.
8. Georgia Nicolson from Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging. Georgia is the British BFF I never had, but sometimes she’s completely oblivious.
9. Frodo Baggins from The Lord of the Rings. Stop being mean to Sam, Frodo!
10. Romeo from Romeo and Juliet. WAIT FIVE SECONDS TO SEE IF SHE’S REALLY DEAD BEFORE YOU KILL YOURSELF, MORON.