Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. Oh Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo? Hah, just kidding, I hate Romeo. But I do like other romances! Actually, I’m pretty sure my list of favorite romances expands far beyond just ten, so this is less of a top ten list and more of a the-first-ten-I-think-of list.
1. Sophie and Howl, Howl’s Moving Castle. I love them forever and ever. The end.
2. Dexter and Remy, This Lullaby. They shouldn’t work, but from the moment Dexter crashes into Remy, everything clicks.
3. Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice. My favorite romantic moment ever (talking about the Keira Knightley movie, though I love the romance in the book as well) is when Elizabeth’s in Mr. Darcy’s house and he sees her so she runs away but he follows her and she’s dithering on and is like “I like to walk” and he just says “I know” with this little exhalation because he knows her, like really knows her. Sigh.
4. Ron and Hermione, Harry Potter. Obviously.
5. Arwen and Aragorn, The Lord of the Rings. I know most of their romance wasn’t in the books, but if you read the appendices, it’s one of the saddest stories I’ve ever read.
6. Hazel and Augustus, The Fault in Our Stars. Sob.
7. Ella and Char, Ella Enchanted. If you look up adorable in the dictionary, it’s a picture of Ella and Char.
8. Tris and Four, Divergent. God, Four is hott.
9. Katniss and Peeta, The Hunger Games. If you can make it through something like the Games and still love each other, I think your relationship is pretty solid.
10. Me and Zachary Levi. Wait…this one might not be real.