Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. Everyone has those authors whose books you just have to have the moment they’re released. Here are ten of mine.
1. Sarah Dessen. She’s the queen of contemporary YA, and I’ve been reading her for years.
2. John Green. Of course he’s on this list. A friend recommended Looking For Alaska my freshman year, and I’ve never looked back.
3. Rick Riordan. I LOVE Percy Jackson. I loved his Egyptian series and I can’t wait for the Norse one.
4. Gayle Forman. I’m a recent convert; I can’t freaking wait to get my hands on Just One Year.
5. Maggie Stiefvater. This author is a tentative auto-buy for me (which is probably an oxymoron). I loved The Scorpio Races and The Raven Boys, but I wasn’t a fan of Shiver. So for now, she stays on this list.
6. Rachel Neumeier. One of my new favorite fantasy authors. I’ve only read two of her books, but I can’t wait to read her other ones.
7. Kate Elliot. Another of my new favorite fantasy authors. Cold Steel is one of my most anticipated reads of 2013.
8. Libba Bray. I love her writing so much. The Gemma Doyle trilogy is one of my favorites, and I can see The Diviners series becoming one as well.
9. Shannon Hale. Her lyrical, magical writing is so wonderful.
10. Markus Zusak. If people ask me for a book recommendation, I tell them to read I Am the Messenger. He is hands-down one of the best authors I’ve ever read.