Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. Probably the best part of reading (subjective) is imagining yourself macking on whatever hot fictional boy is on the page you’re reading. We all love our fictional boyfriends. Of course, me being me, I have way more than just ten. Here are the first ones that came to mind in no particular order. I’m sticking to just book characters because if I included movies/tv, we would be here all week.
1. Four, Divergent. I’ve already given my thoughts on the actor, so let’s go back to the source. Four is hott in the best possible way. Not only is he strong and (nearly) fearless, but he’s also kind and smart. He’s not out to rescue Tris; he knows she’s fully capable of saving herself. The age of the guy making the girl into a damsel-in-distress should be over, and Four is a good start.
2. Wes, The Truth About Forever. Wes is the definition of a sa-woon. He has a bad boy past, but he’s learned from his mistakes and grown up. He takes care of his younger brother and plays Truth. He’s also an artist and smoking hot. You can’t find a better boyfriend.
3. Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice. If you’ve been reading my blog, you know I’m a sucker for a transformation arc. Darcy starts off seeming like a standoffish jerk, but in truth he’s an honest and honorable man who just has communication issues. He does good things without needing recognition and is a loyal friend.
4. Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter. Hear me out on this one! I know he’s a racist douchebag, but look at how he was raised! His parents, though they love him, are terrible. I loved how we got to see another side of him in HP6. I like to think that in the end, he really regretted his actions. Disclaimer: my opinion may be swayed by some of the really excellent Draco/Hermione fan fiction I used to read…
5. Dexter, This Lullaby. Naturally, two Sarah Dessen boys make this list. Dexter is chaotic and disorderly and messy, things that normally would drive me up a wall (as they do Remy). But he’s also sweet and persistent and funny and talented. No one can resist the allure of the Potato Opus.
6. Dave the Laugh, Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging. Dave is exactly the kind of guy I would’ve crushed on in high school. He’s constantly hilarious and at heart a good guy.
7. Vidanric, Crown Duel. Vidanric basically invented the loaded gaze. It’s like smolder city wherever he is. He works tirelessly to save and protect his country all the while subtly making Mel fall madly in love with him.
8. Char, Ella Enchanted. Oh sweet adorable Char. The perfect prince in every way. I will love you forever.
9. Hector, The Girl of Fire and Thorns. Two words: sewer. kiss.
10. Han Alister, The Demon King. He’s a thief, a street lord, a wizard…Han has many talents. He’s flirty, snarky, ambitious, loyal, powerful, clever, and an all-around good person. I dare you to not fall in love with him.