Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. Sometimes you just don’t want to delve into the deeper topics; you just want to read something light and fun. I tend to read a lot of serious books, so sometimes I need to take a breather and read something silly. Here are ten books that would be perfect for the beach or curling up in the sunshine.
1. Angus, Thongs, and Full-frontal Snogging, Louise Rennison. I don’t really laugh out loud when reading or watching tv, but this series had me laughing the entire time. Georgia is ridiculous and her life is hilarious.
2. How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True, Sarah Strohmeyer. I just read this one recently, and it was adorable.
3. Audrey, Wait!, Robin Benway. This book is so much fun. Audrey is an awesome narrator.
4. Bossypants, Tina Fey. I read nonfiction once in a blue moon, but I love Tina Fey so I knew I just had to read this one. She’s just as hilarious in written form as she is in tv form.
5. Vision in White (Bride Quartet), Nora Roberts. I don’t really read romance, but I love this quartet. The main characters are wedding planners, which has always been an unrealistic dream of mine. Sometimes you just need some sexytimes.
6. Ella Enchanted, Gail Carson Levine. If you’ve read my blog before, you know I’m obsessed with this book. Light, good fairytale fun.
7. 13 Little Blue Envelopes, Maureen Johnson. I haven’t read this one for years, but I remember loving this adventurous novel.
8. Howl’s Moving Castle, Diana Wynne Jones. Of course a DWJ book ended up here.
9. A Posse of Princesses, Sherwood Smith. A fantasy romp with romance and princesses with agency? Yes please.
10. All-American Girl, Meg Cabot. This book has a completely ridiculous premise but is lots of fun and has a really cute boy.