Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. I LOVE reading at the beach. It’s my second favorite beach activity, between swimming in the ocean and sleeping. I’ll read basically anything at the beach, but I consider a beach read to something light and fun. A book where I can be distracted by other beachgoers but not lose my place or get confused. Here are ten books that are perfect for a sunny day spent lying on the sand.
1. Along for the Ride, Sarah Dessen. Colby is my favorite fake beach town. This one is perfect for getting you in a beachy mood.
2. Vision in White, Nora Roberts. This is the only Nora Roberts series I’ve ever read and I love it. You’ll definitely feel the heat reading sexy scenes with these hot men.
3. Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging, Louise Rennison. Hilarious, quick reads that you’ll be able to finish in a day at the beach.
4. Ella Enchanted, Gail Carson Levine. You’re already in a good mood, because hello, it’s the beach, but this one will make you even happier.
5. Twilight, Stephenie Meyer. Yes, it’s hefty, but it also doesn’t require a ton of thought while reading. Plus, you can laugh at Bella being stuck in stupid rainy Forks while you get a nice tan.
6. The Scorpio Races, Maggie Stiefvater. Two words: water horses.
7. Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, Rick Riordan. What better place is there to read a series about the son of the sea god than at the beach?
8. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Ann Brashares. Summer, friends. pants. The perfect recipe for a beach read.
9. Avalon High, Meg Cabot. Really any Meg Cabot is a good beach read, but this one is one of my favorites.
10. Under the Never Sky, Veronica Rossi. You can scope out the guys on the beach and see if any of them are Perry or Roar lookalikes.