Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. I liked the format of my Spring TBR TTT post, so I decided to do the same thing again. Here are five summer releases I’m looking forward to and five books already released that I need to read.
The Summer Releases
1. Raven Flight, Juliet Marillier (July 9). I loved Shadowfell, the first in the series. Juliet Marillier is a fantasy master, and this YA series is top-notch fantasy. I just got approved for Raven Flight on NetGalley, and I freaked out in excitement.
2. Crown of Midnight, Sarah J. Maas (August 27). I was late to the game with this series having just read the first book, but I fell in love instantly. This series definitely tops my list of YA fantasy favorites.
3. The Bitter Kingdom, Rae Carson (August 27). I’m kind of cheating with this one since I already read it so technically it’s not TBR. But it’s SO GOOD you guys. I couldn’t wait to find out how this series ends and I was so happy it lived up to my expectations.
4. Rose Under Fire, Elizabeth Wein (September 10). Unlike a lot of people I know who said the beginning was slow, I was hooked from the first page of Code Name Verity. I can’t wait to see what Elizabeth Wein does with the sequel.
5. Fangirl, Rainbow Rowell (September 10). I loved loved LOVED Eleanor & Park, so of course I have to have Fangirl.
6. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, Ransom Riggs. I just got this one signed, so I can’t wait to read it! Especially since the author was so funny and nice.
7. Unraveling, Elizabeth Norris. I’ve heard this one is like Veronica Mars, which is a tall order but it definitely made it certain I would go out and buy this book.
8. Wanderlove, Kristen Hubbard. While trying to write my travel books TTT, I realized I actually haven’t read that many. I heard this one is really good.
9. The Luxe, Anna Godbersen. I got this entire series at a used book sale for $4, so I’m pretty excited to start reading. Plus, look at the gorgeous dress on the cover!
10. When We Wake, Karen Healey. I read and loved Guardian of the Dead by this author a few years ago. So it was super exciting when I won a copy of When We Wake.