Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. Movie adaptations are hit-or-miss for me. Most of the time, I just get pissed off about the differences from the books (don’t get me started on Percy Jackson or we’ll be here all night). Even knowing that, I still get excited when I hear books I loved are getting the movie or tv treatment. I divided my choices this week into books I would love to see as movies, books I want adapted as tv shows, and movie adaptations in development that I’m excited for.
1. Sabriel, Garth Nix. Ever since I first read Sabriel, I’ve been dying for a movie. There would be so much action with Sabriel kicking ass and fighting the dead.
2. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, Catherynne M. Valente. I can imagine this one as an adorable animated movie.
3. Under the Never Sky, Veronica Rossi. I just want to be able to appreciate Perry’s berries in all their big-screen glory.
4. Anna and the French Kiss, Stephanie Perkins. This would be the ultimate romantic comedy.
5. The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, N.K. Jemisin. This series is epic and would make some epic movies. Plus, the characters are incredibly diverse, something that’s severely missing from today’s Hollywood.
6. Song of the Lioness/Other Tortall series, Tamora Pierce. All I want in life is for Pierce’s Tortall universe to be a tv show.
7. Throne of Glass, Sarah J. Maas. Considering this is a seven book series, a tv show would give more time to develop all the characters and plot. Plus, I love Celaena, Chaol, and Dorian too much to just see them in a movie.
8. Shadow and Bone, Leigh Bardugo. I can’t wait to see the Darkling on screen!
9. The 5th Wave, Rick Yancey. This book has so much action. It’s going to make a really exciting movie.
10. Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Laini Taylor. This one is going to be so visually stunning.