Title – Author: The Dream Thieves – Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Release Date: September 17, 2013
Series/Standalone: Series – The Raven Cycle #2
Format – Source: ARC – Won from Shae Has Left The Room
The ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, and now Blue, Gansey, Adam, Ronan, and Noah have to face all kinds of new mysteries. Ronan is gaining more power over his dreams, a power that attracts dangerous enemies. The Raven Boys aren’t the only ones interested in Cabeswater.
I loved The Raven Boys and the next book in the Cycle was one of my most anticipated 2013 releases. Good god, this book doesn’t disappoint. IT’S REALLY GOOD, PEOPLE. Basically I feel unable to talk about it logically, so I’m just going to list all the things I loved.
1. RONAN RONAN RONAN. I am so freaking happy Ronan was the focus of The Dream Thieves. I love how harsh he is and I loved getting his back story and all I want is more Ronan.
2. Dream things. So Ronan has this hella cool power where he can take objects out of his dreams (like his badass raven). NBD.
3. Sexual tension. I ship Gansey and Blue hardcore.
4. The Gray Man. This dude is sinister and terrifying and I applaud Maggie Stiefvater for humanizing him. Because I’m telling you…you’ll end up loving him by the end of this novel.
5. Noah and the snow globe. This is one of the cutest scenes ever.
6. Raven Boys, all day, every day. Can I just say again how my favorite part of this series is the friendship between the boys? I love their dynamic so much. They’re a family, they love each other, they save each other.
7. Maggie Stiefvater, goddess of the cliffhanger. As if I needed any more reason to be dying for the next book.
The Dream Thieves is a fabulous follow-up to The Raven Boys. Seriously, this is a series you don’t want to miss.
8 – deserving of a re-read – Fred Weasley