Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. Yesterday, I brought you some book recommendations for those who don’t like to be scared like me, so obviously I wasn’t looking forward to this week’s TTT post. I’m getting goosebumps just looking at these covers!
1. It by Stephen King. I’m actually about to throw up looking at this one. True story: as I was editing to make the picture above, I didn’t look directly at the cover. It made it really difficult to do anything. Do you remember how there was this story circulating online about a clown randomly walking around a town in the UK weeks ago? That’s basically my worst nightmare.
2. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, Ransom Riggs. There’s just something about this cover that really creeps me out. The book itself isn’t scary or creepy, but the cover gets me every time.
3. Night of the Living Dummy, R. L. Stine. Ventriloquist dummies will never not be scary.
4. Krampus: The Yule Lord, Brom. I’m really glad I’m not Santa Claus and I don’t have this guy as an enemy because if I was, I would never leave the North Pole.
5. The Replacement, Brenna Yovanoff. I have no idea what this one is about and I doubt I’ll ever know. But knives hanging over a baby carriage in the fog? Creeeeepy.
6. Anna Dressed in Blood, Kendare Blake. The house is creepy enough, but the most horrifying part is the blood at the bottom of her dress.
7. Ashes, Ilsa J. Bick. The eyes are so scary.
8. Berserk, Tim Lebbon. OMG this cover is the stuff of nightmares. Avert your eyes!
9. Remember Me, Christopher Pike. I find this one scary because of the trapped feeling it gives me. Also, the blurriness makes it mysteriously scary.
10. The Exorcist, William Peter Blatty. Not going to see the movie, not going to read the book.