Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. The worst part about reading a series is waiting for the next book to come out! Here are ten that make me wish I had time-traveling magic so I could hop into the future and steal these books.
1. Clariel, Garth Nix. I’m totally cheating on this one, since it’s technically a prequel, but whatever. I feel like I’ve been waiting my whole life for more novels in the Abhorsen universe and now we’re finally going to get one.
2. Ruin and Rising, Leigh Bardugo. It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of the Shadow and Bone trilogy (I even made a playlist for the first book!). I can’t wait to see how it all ends. Plus, more Darkling!
4. Dreams of Gods and Monsters, Laini Taylor. This series is one of my favorite paranormal ones, which is saying something because I’m not the biggest paranormal girl. I’m anticipating a thrilling and heartbreaking conclusion.
6. The Shattered World, Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner. The first one in this series, These Broken Stars, hasn’t even been released yet and I’m already salivating over the sequel. My review will post closer to the release date, but suffice it to say this is one sci-fi series you won’t want to miss. Even though the trilogy will be chronological companion novels, I still can’t wait to get back to this universe.
7. The Blood of Olympus, Rick Riordan. I can’t wait to see how Riordan ties up the Heroes of Olympus series.
8. A Darkness Strange and Lovely, Susan Dennard. I literally just finished the first book at lunch today (look out for my review later this week!) and it was so much fun. Now I understand why everyone loves that Daniel Sheridan so much.
10. Champion, Marie Lu. I’m counting this one as already released because today is its pub day! Congrats to Marie Lu on completing her action-packed trilogy. I’m dying to find out what happens with June and Day, especially since Prodigy is so fresh in my mind.