Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. One of the best things about being an avid reader is discovering new authors. Here are ten of my favorites from this past year.
4. Susan Dennard. Never expected I would enjoy a zombie book, but this one was so much fun! I’m looking forward to the rest of the series and from the looks of Dennard’s kickass Pinterest pages, I have a feeling I’m going to love her next series too.
6. Sarah Beth Durst. I’m always on the lookout for new fantasy authors and Durst has one of the most creative minds I’ve seen.
7. Rick Yancey. With one of the biggest releases this year, Yancey is an author to watch. I really want to read his Monstrumologist series now.
8. Kasie West. I adored Pivot Point and I’m psyched there’s a sequel coming out soon.
10. Alexandra Bracken. It’s hard to stand out in the dystopian game these days, but I thought The Darkest Minds was thrilling.