Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. This week I’m bringing you some book recommendations based on movies you’ve enjoyed.
1. IF YOU LIKE Passport to Paris, THEN TRY Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. This is the best Mary-Kate and Ashley movie and you can’t convince me otherwise. If you love Paris, young love, and swoony boys, then Anna is the book for you.
2. IF YOU LIKE Independence Day, THEN TRY The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. Action, aliens, and tense situations abound. The 5th Wave doesn’t have the most epic speech of all time, but it’s still a kindred spirit.
3. IF YOU LIKE Thor, THEN TRY Vicious by V. E. Schwab. The movie may be called Thor, but we all know this series is the Loki show. If you want to read about psychopaths with complex pasts and questionable morals, pick up Vicious.
4. IF YOU LIKE Titanic, THEN TRY These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. An epic love story, class divides, a struggle to survive…basically These Broken Stars is Titanic in space if Jack and Rose were the only survivors.
5. IF YOU LIKE He’s Just Not That Into You, THEN TRY To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. Both are about figuring out what’s right for you and confronting past loves.
6. IF YOU LIKE Veronica Mars, THEN TRY Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas. The mystery of who committed the murder will keep you turning pages (just like the show kept you burning through episodes).
7. IF YOU LIKE Spirited Away, THEN TRY The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente. Wondrous magic runs rampant through both of these titles. If you loved the fierce heroine of Spirited Away who inspires loyalty and love in those around her, then you’ll love September from the Fairyland series.
8. IF YOU LIKE Frozen, THEN TRY Open Road Summer by Emery Lord. Okay, hear me out. I know the titles make these seem like opposites. But at the heart of both stories is a pair of sisters (one pair by blood, one by friendship) who would do anything for each other. Also, both have a super sweet romance.
9. IF YOU LIKE 13 Going on 30, THEN TRY Pivot Point by Kasie West. Both ask the question “what if” and look at how different choices affect your life.