Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. I love summer and I love the beach! Fingers crossed that I make it to the ocean this year. I’m splitting my list up this week: five books I recommend you add to your beach bag and five books that I want in mine that I haven’t read yet.
1. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, Jenny Han. I love this book hardcore. Peter K is where it’s at.
2. Open Road Summer, Emery Lord. This is an obvious choice. A great romance and friendship story.
3. Dangerous Girls, Abigail Haas. Murder might not seem like a good beach topic, but this one takes place in Aruba, so it feels appropriate to me.
4. Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour, Morgan Matson. Road trips always make me think of summer, driving with the windows down, music blasting.
5. We Were Liars, E. Lockhart. You can pretend your tears are sea water.
6. Since You’ve Been Gone, Morgan Matson. Everyone in the blogoverse has been talking about this one and I’m really curious to see if it lives up to the hype.
7. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, E. Lockhart. I’ve heard this one is hilarious and I love to laugh at the beach.
8. Burn for Burn, Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian. My friend just read this and see loved it.
9. What I Thought Was True, Huntley Fitzpatrick. I’m a sucker for summertime romances.
10. The Distance Between Us, Kasie West. I’ve heard this one is adorable and since I loved Kasie’s other books, I feel like this one will be a sure thing for me.