Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. I wasn’t going to do this week’s because I wasn’t sure I had anything to confess, but then I was all YOLO before work and decided to quickly write something up. Speaking of confessions…you can check out some of my reading ones here!
1. Blogging is no longer a priority for me. When I was unemployed, I needed something to keep me sane and blogging fulfilled that role. I loved being able to talk to everyone (since I didn’t get much interaction being at home all day) and I threw myself into this new hobby to fill my days. But now that I have a job, I just simply don’t have much time anymore. Any free time I do have, I want to spend it reading rather than blogging. It’s so funny how the way you see things can shift so quickly.
2. Reviews aren’t very fun for me anymore. When I first started this blog, I loved writing reviews. It was so nice to have an outlet to express my thoughts on what I read, since my friends are no where near my reading level frequency-wise and often have no idea what I’m talking about. But I got tired of it. Luckily, I started a new feature where I can gush about what I love reading.
3. I miss a lot on Twitter… I’m pretty good at multi-tasking, but it’s hard for me to keep up with everything during the day.
4….which makes me feel like I’m missing out on the book blogging experience. I’ll come into conversations late and not know what people are talking about or I’ll have something to say, but it’s hours later and everyone’s already moved on.
5. Sometimes I feel like I’m just not doing this right. I know, I know, there’s no right or wrong way to blog. But I see others’ success at this, how they can post multiple times a week, and I’m mystified! What are your secrets?!
6. I get blogging blocks. Sometimes I just don’t know what to write and it’s like I don’t know any words at all.
7. Sometimes I don’t get the hype. I’m sure this happens to everyone….a book is being hailed around the blogosphere as the next big thing and then I read it and I’m just not impressed. It never feels good when this happens.
8. I don’t get BookTube. So many people love it, but it’s just not for me!
9. Book club is the best thing to happen to me from blogging. I love my book club girls so much (Jamie, Betty, Lindsey, Katie)! It was a HUGE DEAL for me to reach out to Jamie (who I hadn’t even spoken to before on Twitter, let alone in real life) when I saw she was looking for book club members in my area. Now I’m so happy that we all got along and it worked out. I love how we all have different tastes and can talk about anything, not just books!
10. Sometimes I write these things at the last possible minute.