Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. This week we’re taking a break from the books and talking other media. I’ve decided to go with tv shows because coming up with a list of movies would take me FOREVER. These are my favorites as of this moment, but really I have a million favorites and should probably cut down on my tv watching or something. In case you were wondering about my favorite tv ships, you can go here and here for some sexy gif-ness.
1. Supernatural. So I’m a huge Supernatural fangirl now and my Tumblr has turned into a Supernatural fanblog since the season 9 finale where everything went to shit and now I’m excited and also maybe still crying. Basically I love Dean, Sam, and Cas more than I love my own family (minor exaggeration). I’m invested in these characters. Also all of the minor characters too because they’re awesome. Like Tahmoh Penikett and his beautiful jaw were on this season and now I’m more in love with him than ever. Also, about 70% of the show is Dean and Sam sassing people.
2. Teen Wolf. You would think that a show about teenage werewolves, especially one on MTV, wouldn’t be very good. And you would be wrong, my friend, because this show is witty and emotional and will make you cry all the tears there are to cry. If you don’t love Stiles, then I don’t know what to do with you.
3. The Mindy Project. This is my favorite comedy on tv right now. It’s consistently smart and funny and Mindy throws down truths every week.
4. Battlestar Galactica. This is my current Netflix watch. If sci-fi shows aren’t you’re thing or you think it sounds weird, I’m here to tell you that this show is for everyone. It may take place in space, but the stories are real and human and it delves into some of our deepest and basest instincts. Also, this happens:
5. The Originals. The Originals is basically The Vampire Diaries’ smarter, better younger sibling. I didn’t have much hope for this spinoff, mainly because I’m highly skeptical about spinoffs, but it blew me away. This show is about family and power dynamics and ancient struggles. Everyone on this show will break your heart.
6. Arrow. Superhero stuff is my favorite, so I may be biased, but i just love this show so much. It makes you care about every character, even the bad ones. Also, Olicity. That’s all you need to know.
7. Game of Thrones. I know I should read the books, but I’m loving just watching the show and being surprised every week. Like this season had moments where I screamed and was all WTF JUST HAPPENED.
8. Legend of Korra. Nothing will ever compare to my love for ATLA, but I’m still grateful that LOK exists. Animated stuff gets a lot of shit, but if you’re looking for a show with depth and diverse characters you’ll love and root for, start with ATLA and then move on to LOK.
9. Young Justice. YJ may be a cartoon, but it’s not a kids show. No one is safe and even though these kids may wear costumes, they deal with real problems and danger and their lives are imperfect. I can’t recommend this show enough. Cancelling this was the worst thing Cartoon Network ever did to humanity.
Do you like any of these shows? How about some recommendations for me to try out?