Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. Sometimes you’re on Oceanic Flight 815, minding your own business, and the next thing you know you wake up on a deserted (OR IS IT?!?!?!) island and some hot guy named Jack is ordering you around. These are the ten characters I’d like as companions during this trying time.
1. Lola (Lola and the Boy Next Door). Who knows what condition our clothes will be in. Lola is a master costumer and I’m sure she’d be able to make some leaves into a flawless dress.
2. Queenie (Code Name Verity). I want to be best friends with her. She would make a deserted island feel awesome.
3. Celaena (Throne of Glass). We’re going to have a lot of time on our hands, so I might as well learn to be a BAMF from this goddess.
4. Zuzana (Daughter of Smoke and Bone). Having a good friend around is essential and Zuzana is loyal, fierce, and hilarious.
5. Sabriel (Sabriel). You never know when the dead are going to rise up. But also Sabriel is efficient, dedicated, and smart, and an ally like that would be perfect for a deserted island.
6. Roar (Under the Never Sky). I couldn’t leave my prom date behind! Roar may be nice eye candy, but he’s also a top-notch hunter/fighter.
7. Percy Jackson (Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief). We’re going to be surrounded by water, so it’ll probably pay off to have someone who can control it and whose dad is the sea god.
8. Daniel Sheridan (Something Strange and Deadly). Daniel’s an inventor, which will come in handy when we have to rediscover fire or something.
9. Thorne (Scarlet/Cress). Thorne is here for entertainment purposes and also in case someone left behind a spaceship on the island.
10. Eugenides (The Thief). If anyone can figure out a way off the island, it’s Gen.