Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week we get a new topic for a top ten list. Even though I often recommend standalone books, I still always meander back to series. I can’t help it…I love to watch characters grow and obsess over when the next book comes out. I’m in the middle of so many series, but because I love to torture myself, here are ten more I want to start. And I’m taking liberties with the topic this week…it’s supposed to be series from the last 2 years, but I’m just doing any series.
1. Riders of the Apocalypse, Jackie Morse Kessler. This series has been in my TBR since I won a set on Twitter. It sounds gritty and dark and awesome.
2. The Ascendance Trilogy, Jennifer A. Nielsen. Danger, plots, orphans? Sounds right up my alley.
3. Mistborn, Brandon Sanderson. I’ve seen a bunch of people raving about this series recently and I’m always up for more high fantasy.
4. Slated, Teri Terry. Betty has been yelling at book club to read this one for ages. I bought a copy, but I still haven’t gotten around to it.
5. Heist Society, Ally Carter. This series sounds light and funny.
6. Mara Dyer, Michelle Hodkin. My friend keeps telling me to read this. She says I’ll love it, and from the blurb, I agree!
7. Cahill Witch Chronicles, Jessica Spotswood. I haven’t read a witch book in a long time and I’ve got a craving for a good one.
8. Newsflesh, Mira Grant. Zombie politcal thriller? Sounds fascinating and scary.
9. The Kingkiller Chronicle, Patrick Rothfuss. One of my friends recommended this back in college and I still haven’t gotten to it yet. Another high fantasy must-read apparently.
10. The Iron Fey, Julie Kagawa. I love fey/fairy stories and this one has been on my radar for ages.
Let’s Chat! Which series do you think I should pick up first? Any new releases series-wise that you think should be on my radar (since I couldn’t think of any)?