Hi everyone! I’m so excited to be participating in the book blogger love-a-thon again, hosted by the fabulous Alexa from Alexa Loves Books! This is one of my favorite blogging events and I can’t wait to visit all of your blogs! Here’s a little bit about me:
1. What’s your name?
Ellie! But I’ve been known to respond to things that aren’t even close to my name.
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
The Book Smugglers were my main inspiration. I’d been following them for a long time before I thought, hmmm maybe I should make a blog? It was awhile before I actually sat down and got it started though.
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
My blog started out as The Window Seat. My best friend from college, who is infinitely more creative than I am, came up with it and the general idea behind the name was sitting curled up in a gorgeous window seat reading and drinking in the sunshine.
The name Book Revels came from me reading The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There. I just liked the word “revels” so much I decided I wanted to change my blog name.
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
I read fantasy the most…it’s always been my favorite.
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I haven’t been posting as much as I used to, but I have ongoing features like book playlists and book spine poetry (a feature first inspired by the Loveathon!). I also do random discussion posts on whatever pops into my mind.
7. Best blogging experience so far?
ALAMW last year was a lot of fun. It was very chill and I got to hang out with book club all day! Plus the drive was super easy. YALLFEST was also a highlight for me last year. One of my book club ladies and I did a road trip and I fell head over heels in love with Charleston. Plus I got to meet my all-time favorite YA contemporary author, Sarah Dessen, for the first time. Even if it was only for a minute!
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
How friendly everyone is. I always feel like I can fangirl about anything and someone will support the flailing! Also, how creative everyone is. I’m constantly amazed at the content people have on their blogs.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!
I’ve already read two of my most-anticipated (Lion Heart and ACOTAR) and they were fabulous. I also can’t wait for Queen of Shadows, The Raven King, and A Darker Shade of Magic (which comes out next week!).
10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
The Queen’s Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner. Everyone who has read it absolutely loves it, but I would love to see more people talking about it! One of my favorite series of all time.
11. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
ROWAN ROWAN ROWAN.
12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
Writing is a big one for me. I’m currently working on my first novel. I’m also a tv/movie addict and love to cook. I really want to get into photography, but I’m saving up for a DSLR.
13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
EVERYTHING. I’m a shopping addict, especially when it comes to online shopping.
14. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
My current favorite on repeat is Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding.
15. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
I desperately want a TV series based on Tamora Pierce’s Tortall books. It would be so epic! And with a tv series, all the characters’ stories could be used.